Connects to any type chicken coop door (wood, metal, or plastic) to make it "automatic".
Installs in about 15 minutes. Includes motor, mounting hardware, universal door connector, AC power adapter, & illustrated instructions included. Works like a reversible motorized fishing reel.
Opens and closes door smoothly in a few seconds. Fully adjustable motor open and closes to the positions you set.
No counter-weight needed. Motor can lift and lower a door up to 10 pounds, with door openings up to 25 inches or more. It is also compatible with any timer you might wish to use. One-year parts warranty.
Motor spec's: 120volts 60herts 19watts.
- Connects to any type coop door: wood, metal, plastic. Install in about 15 minutes.
- Includes motor, mounting hardware, universal door connector, AC-DC Adapter, illustrated instructions.
- Works like a reversible motorized fishing reel. Opens and closes door smoothly in a few seconds.
- Fully adjustable motor stops door at open and closed positions you set. No counter-weight needed.
- Motor can lift and lower a door up to 10 pounds, with door openings up to 25 inches or more.
- Plug-in ready to your lamp timer switch. It is also X-10 compatible.
- One-year warranty ... plus “our commitment to keep your motor running for years after the warranty by stocking low cost repair parts that you can easily install”.
- You decide what time your chicken coop door opens and closes – thereafter it’s automatic!
- Sleep a little later. The D20 opens the door each morning allowing your hens to feed or free-range on their own.
- If you arrive home late, or if the weather is so poor you can’t attend your coop on-time, relax because chickens enter the coop about the same time every day, and the D20 will automatically close the door at the time you set.
“I can leave my chickens for the weekend and not worry.” Steve, Vermont
“My chickens make a ruckus if I don't open the door on time, and then my neighbors complain.
"My problem is that I can't get up at that hour because of my work schedule. I really appreciate the good sleep that I now get because of my new motor.” Cindy, California
“My husband gave it to me as a gift. I thought it was silly but now I’d never give it up.” Robin, Texas
“Nice product … saves me time … and I don’t lose sleep wondering if I closed the door.” Jack, Missouri
“I work on machinery that must operate in a dirty environment. My chicken coop gets gunky too so I didn’t expect the motor to last. After some years it finally quit. I called thinking I had to buy a new motor but your rep diagnosed the problem. I only had to buy a $9 part and repaired it myself. Now it’s back at work and good to go. Thank you” DJ, Louisiana
“I don’t lose chickens and eggs to varmints like I used to. Motor paid for itself in a few months.” Meg, Oregon
“The battery feature is quite satisfactory given no electric power at our hen house.” Edward, England
DOOR MATERIALS & PLANS ... CONTROL SWITCHES ... AUTOMATIC NIGHT LIGHT/SECURITY SYSTEM
We recommend coop door and frames made from stabilized wood products, plexiglas, aluminum, marine plywood, or 2-side tempered masonite. These materials offer trouble free operation. Maximum: 10 pounds.
2. CHOOSE A PROPER TIMER
DUSK-TO-DAWN TIMERS DO NOT WORK CORRECTLY. They can give a false dusk signal that locks your chickens out overnight.
3. IF YOU HAVE FREQUENT ELECTRIC POWER OUTAGES
A Universal Power Supply (UPS) can give you peace of mind. Sometimes called a computer backup power
supply, these devices are not expensive and can keep your chicken coop door opening and closing even during power
interruptions. Here is how it works ...
The UPS plugs into the AC electric outlet in your coop. You plug your timer switch into the UPS, and then plug the
D20 motor into your timer. The UPS constantly passes AC power directly to your timer to keep it running as normal.
But if your AC power goes OFF, the UPS automatically goes to work. Inside the UPS is a battery, plus a sensor that monitors your AC power supply. When AC power goes OFF, the sensor instantly detects it and automatically converts battery power to AC power to keep your timer running. It can supply AC power for hours even while your motor is running. So, if AC power goes OFF when your coop door is supposed to open or close, everything will still work as you scheduled. When AC power comes back ON, the battery is recharged and ready for the next power outage. UPS devices are readily available at Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Staples and on-line. Wal-Mart offers a 450VA UPS Model BE450G. The higher the VA or Watt rating (600VA is more power than 450VA), the longer period of time the UPS will keep things running. Staples offer CyberPower Model CP625HG which has 625VA. Shop around for best deal. but do not buy used. If the power in your area goes off for only short periods of time, you probably don't need a UPS. However, if power goes off frequently for an hour or more, or is unpredictable, a UPS can give you peace of mind and keep your chickens safe.
WE RECOMMEND lamp timer switches. Our favorite is a digital timer with battery backup because it will save your settings and correct time-of-day during a power outage (battery does not run motor). Some are “astronomic” and automatically adjust to daylight savings time changes. We also like rotary dial timers that are inexpensive, easy to use and reliable.
- You can also set multiple door openings and closings each day. This can benefit in several ways. It can influence egg production by exposing hens to longer periods of daylight by preventing them from re-entering the coop too soon. It can foil small predators that sneak-in to steal eggs after your hens are out. And, it can help manage heat inside the coop.
- Raccoons, fox, dogs, cats, coyotes, etc. eventually give up and go elsewhere.